Saturday 14 February 2015

LIFE: Eleven Questions

11questions

I've been tagged in a couple of posts lately, I thought I'd share them as and when over the weekend(s). I know tag posts are a bit like marmite, you either love them or hate them, but I'm using them as a chance to answer the questions and perhaps give you an insight into things you might not necessarily know about me, the blogger behind this blog.

First up is a tag from Samantha. I thought I'd mash up her 11 questions from the Libster award and make it more of a here's 11 random things about me you might not know about me kinda post. 

So here goes,

1. What is the most embarrassing that that has ever happened to you?
Hmm I have an excellent talent for walking into things in front of people - traffic sign, pillars in Target. You name it. Always somewhat embarrassing at the time.

2. Do you have any experience that were utterly life changing? What happened?
I guess meeting Joe changed the direction my life was heading in. Dealing with an international long distance relationship for two years, moving countries to be with him and making a new country my home certainly changes me as a person, my perceptions of the world and what I do with my life for sure. 

3. What did you study/major in when you were in school?
I have a BA in (human) geography and an MA in Sociology and Social Research both from Newcastle University (or as it was named when I started University of Newcastle Upon Tyne - there was a bit of a who-ha at the time about why). 

4. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it right now?
Everything from being in the RAF to a journalist, and I'm certainly not doing either now - although I did do work experience at my local newspaper. You can find out more back in my September 2014 post.

5. What is one bit of advice that you would give your younger self if you could go back in time?
Honestly, to have gotten more tattoos while at university. It sounds pretty vain but I was super tight with spending money even though I had savings from working during the holidays and I had a super great tattooist a bus ride away, so I wish I had made more use of having it right there. That and spent more time adventuring around Newcastle and the area - day trips, museums and the like while I lived there.  

6. Tea or Coffee? Why?
Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Why? Probably because I need something strong on a morning. Although I'm very partial to a coffee at night with something stronger than milk it in if you catch my drift.

7. If you could change your first name to anything you wanted, what would it be?
If I wasn't named Rachael I was going to be called Lydia. Which I always wanted my name to have been. Too many people spell my name wrong (they always spell it Rachel) and it's a sure way to annoy me even though after 28 years I should be use to it. I'm NOT. Lol.

8. Have you ever spent a few days binge-reading a blog? Whose was it? Why?
Today is My Favorite is one I re-found a couple of months ago. I'm the first to admit I'm not a super spiritual or baby centered person, but Nicole just writes everything so magically that I'm hooked in. 

9. Who is your biggest role model? Why?
Errr - pass?

10. If you could spend a day with anyone from Friends, who would it be and why?
Pass, I'd rather hang out with Will & Grace. I say that because I've never seen a full episode of Friends in my life and never intend too - I just don't find it funny (controversial I know).

11. What is the very first thing you do every morning?
Honestly, after checking the time, checking social media and eBay notifications while in bed still. Sad but true.

How would you answer the questions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment