Wednesday 22 May 2013

VINTAGE: 1966 Bangs and Dazzle Do's


We ended up watching a rerun of what was a network adaption of The Temptation's Motown career on VH1 Classic last night, so while I have my The Supremes, The Comodores and The Temptations LP's lined up on my record player, I thought I'd share with you a really cool hair styling magazine I picked up at the weekend from the same era.

I may I love 1960's music especially Motown, but the fashion and style is a couple of years after my favorite decades, so i'm hoping it finds a lovely new home via etsy. All the images come from the Fall 1966 edition of Hair Trends, a magazine which featured styles by Revlon to Vidal Sassoon which you can see in the final image. All the images are filled with such immense glamour, not only through the hair styles but additionally the make up.

While the styles certainly aren't as "big" as the 70's, they are certainly statement making aren't they?!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE looking at old hair styles! Recently, I've been trying some 50s and Victorian looks!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the second image! These are so interesting to look at :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful ladies! The second one is my fave xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is in reality a nice and helpful piеce of info. I аm
    glad that yοu simply shаrеd this hеlpful
    infoгmation with us. Plеase stay us up to ԁate like this.
    Thanκs for sharing.

    Visit my homеpagе juicing advices

    ReplyDelete