Wednesday 5 September 2012

Tilt shifting


Photoshop can be a labour of love. Mostly it's never the easiest editing software to be playing with. I've been intrigued by tilt shifting photograph editing for a while and it's something I've tried a copy of times trying to attempt on photoshop with little or limited results. Then after searching google for some new tutorials and coming across this one - it seemed to fall into place. So I've ended up adapting some old photographs of York and one of Detroit at night to get me practising. I love how tilt shift makes the world look like a model and people as figurines that you could reach out, pick up and move around.

14 comments:

  1. wow, I love these tilt shit pictures. they have such a brilliant toytown feel. I wouldn't know where to start, so will take a look at that tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's what makes it look so fun to me! Some of the tutorials out there can be really intimidating, but that one really explains it well. Hope you give it a go!

      Delete
  2. I am hopeless at photo editing! These look fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, some editing is beyond me and I normally only tinker with colours but at least with the right tutorial I managed to pull this one off!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow they're beautiful! Such lovely photos

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool effect - I totally thought the photos were from a model! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funky how it works out and appears that way isn't it!

      Delete
  5. Wow these are amazing! I'd love to learn how to do these (:
    Your photography is amazing!
    Love your blog and I hope you can check out mine, one-tu-three.blogspot.com
    xoxo Rachel (it's spelled differently, but yes, my name's Rachel, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey for another Rachel! My names often spelt that way by accident! Hehe I'll be checking out your blog!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures.
    I hope I can find time to give tilt shifting a try.

    Love, Joann xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it if you can! Hope your all well x

      Delete
  7. I keep meaning to try and get into a bit of editing but I wouldn't know where to start xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a bit of tilt shifting! Haven't done this in awhile, I got too carried away last year and everything got tilt shifted hehe. x

    ReplyDelete