Wednesday 19 September 2012

LIFE: As The Leaves Start to Change


Here in Michigan the leaves are slowly starting to turn. Their edges are turning burnt yellows and oranges and a few have found their way to the ground. Days are getting a little cooler, yet it can be humid and foggy and mornings have a crisper edge to them and yes, yesterday we stuck the heating back on. Autumn, or fall as they term it in the US has always been one of my favourite times of the year. The sound of crunching leaves, ripening apples and now the prospect of visiting local cider mills is exciting and my birthday in a few weeks. Butterflies are also a little easier to spy as the summer drifts slowly into autumn, just like this pretty beauty at the Kensington Metropark.

6 comments:

  1. I love it when there's still plenty of colour and it's not all died back & gone brown. Gorgeous photos - as ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures my lovely, it doesn't look that pretty here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Rachel, it looks so pretty! I can't wait for autumn, my favourite season

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty photos! Gosh, I can't wait for fall to hit us here!


    xoxo Mama Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall might just be my fave as well. I do love all the things you mentioned, plus maybe the fashion :). My birthday's also in a few weeks.

    I just found your blog and it's really nice. Just wanted to say that I think you're doing a great job here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too beautiful honestly you make me want to visit more and more! Meanie lol.

    Thank you for linking up :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete