Thursday 2 August 2012

Vintages Rides


It's not everyday you get to go to work and see sexy old cars leaving a meeting but those beautiful cars are what Joe was luckily enough to see the other day and grabbed these photographs to share with me. Moving to Detroit and you do get use to see lots of old motors because if you remember rightly Detroit is the motor city. During the summer months parking lots come filled up with hot rods and gorgeous vintage cars which increasingly starts making me want one for myself. 

Where better to see vintage cars then Detroit? Detroit is the city were Henry Ford put into motion the development of the automotive with the infamous Model T coming to production in 1908, to be followed by General Motors, Chrysler and American Motors having their headquarters in Detroit by the turn of the 19th century. This industry created Detroits gilded boom years with 125 motor makers coming out of the city. In short the modernisation of the auto-mobile industry in the 1950s led to high job losses and the continued de-industrialisation which the city never really recovered from sadly.

Don't you just love old cars?!

10 comments:

  1. I always think of American road trips with lots of old cars, as being something I'd love to do one day. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since moving to Nevada, we've noticed a lot more vintage/antique cars. It's really awesome to see them in such great condition. Anytime we go to a car show, the hubby starts talking about buying me a "mafia wife" car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we see a lot for sale around here, makes me dream about having one but I can imagine them being hard to drive without the power steering. Plus I can't drive which is also a problem lol

      Delete
  3. We have a huge classic car show in my city every summer. It is fun seeing all those cars driving around. My father has a 1940 Chevy. Those old cars have character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do don't they and a style to match!

      Delete
  4. Wow they really are beautiful! I love old classic cars

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet and beautiful cars!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete