Friday 18 May 2012

The "I have lots of random photos" post

Me
Book
ME

Sometimes you just end up with so many photographs and not enough time to blog about them all. So I though I'd lob them all into one post and fling it out into the blogging world. I'm trying to get it into my head to stop being lazy and make a move about getting a job. But not really knowing where to start is hindering me. That and being deadly scared about my interview to stay in the USA is really putting me off.

On happier notes I've been back to my posing ways with the camera, won a cookbook giveaway from Midwestern Belle which I've been pouring and drooling over ever since it arrived. So far I've whirled up an almond cake and messed around with a lot of the versions of cooking vegs. We were getting to the point of having the same meals every week and its always nice to have a little shake up and try something new! Ed seems to have had a personality transplant lately - that or she's finally become settled again with having Smokey in the apartment. She started avoiding contact with us, there was no more snuggles with us on the sofa at night, she avoided sitting on her tower and bugging either of us when we were on the computer. We now have a very affectionate kitty back which is always nice. Although we're going to have to DIY her a little step up onto her tower [it is rather far and it's probably a fair jump for a little overweight seven year old cat].

Being English I feel compelled to talk about the weather. If anyone knows anything about Yorkshire we don't really have proper summers - a day of sunshine will most often then not be followed with a day or two of rain. I haven't seen rain for over a week and the temperatures keep in the 60 - 85s ºF [15 -  30 ºC]. Being Yorkshire in blood I'm not use to this weather and I'm totally wilting. You always miss what you don't have, right?!

So now I'm off to try and make my own Washi tape from this DIY, watch golf, play with my Smash Book [more on this soon] and carry on my dragonfly crosssitch. Good afternoon, yes?!

36 comments:

  1. That cake looks SO SO SO SO NICE! The weather in England isn't the best at the moment... as per usual, lets be honest. I'd love those kind of temperatures! Bring on the Summer, although we've probably already had it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer was a day back in March.

    I need some American cook books, I watch food network all the time.

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was probably true about the weather. I love american cookbooks for the way they do their measuring with cups rather then scales. Makes it so much easier!

      Delete
  3. That cake looks so yummy :) I love posts with lots of photographs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I OTT on the sugar for that cake though haha!

      Delete
  4. Hey Rachael! I'm glad you're enjoying the cookbook :) ~ Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I have so many recipes out of that cookbook lined up! Totally inspired me into more cooking.

      Delete
  5. Oh to be wilting, it's ... Er... Grey, here! I love cross stitch, albeit I've not done any for a long time. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a long break from cross stitching for one reason or another but really enjoying it lately!

      Delete
  6. Hard to say if I like the first one or the second one best.... oh go on then the first one, you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edders and you look very cute in your photos. Well done on winning the book, I agree, measuring by the cup is way easier than getting the scales out.
    Have a fab weekend. It's raining here and so cold that I've got my fake fur out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents still have the heating on - such a difference!

      Delete
  8. I saw Trisha Yearwood's cooking show last week. (I'm slightly addicted to the Food Network. It's one of my guilty pleasures). Her show was kind of cute.

    Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Food Network is so good isn't it?! We love watching all the shows with guys traveling around the states trying huge amounts of foods! I haven't had chance to catch any of Trisha Yearwood's show yet!

      Delete
  9. You look lovely in both of the photos, hope you're doing okay. I'm sure good news is coming your way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these are my favourite kind of posts! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can tell a lot about a person this way!

      Delete
  11. can't wait to see how the your washi tape DIY goes ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned out actually rather well - just waiting to mend the scissors to cut them off the parchment paper.

      Delete
  12. Great photos! I laughed about the weather, totally british and on a monday at work everyone seems to talk about the weather at the weekend! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently talking about the weather here seems to be only the thing to do if you've run out of everything else to say.

      Delete
  13. Hi love
    Thanks for your comment over at mine. Award waiting for you there, really well deserved, you have a lush blog. Don't do anything with it if it's not the sort of thing you like to do.
    Gem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the award, really appreciate it!

      Delete
  14. Great pics! It's been about 25-28 here the last few days and I'm wilting too! Didn't get any of this in Yorkshire thats for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I never expected it to get this warm, probably missing the wind blown off the North Sea!

      Delete
  15. Mmm that almond cake looks well yummy! I would love some warmer weather at the moment, maybe not 30 degrees though.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah i'm sure i'll miss the heat when it's back in the minus figures in winter!

      Delete
  16. Your cat is sooo adorable and looks quite similar to one of mine. Is he a silver tabby?

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net
    Shabby Apple $50 Giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a brown tabby [although she has some white and black and a tiny bit of grey thrown in] and a Russian blue kitty!

      Delete
  17. Yay, very fun, I love when bloggers share lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're gorgeous! I love your glasses btw, they really suit you! Is that a strange compliment? :O

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cake looks delicious!!
    Great pictures here! :)

    Natasha Carly Pretty Little Lives

    ReplyDelete
  20. you should visit my country. summer here is fantastic, especially in the beaches.

    ReplyDelete