Monday 19 March 2012

Happy girls are the prettiest girls

I think Audrey Hepburn was onto something when she said that line [title of today's post] and after last weeks slightly negative post about blogging and life. As it's blog positivity week I thought I'd develop that into my everyday life and think about what makes me happy, laugh, smile and why they do. Sometimes it's all too easy to focus on the negativity, especially when I feel like I have no pull or say on my future of where I'm living, but there still is plenty to be happy about. And yes this really is the second post on this Monday [back into blogging - somewhat!]


Mac n cheese, LA Colours - bargain varnish from the $ store, compact winnings from eBay, playing the pawn stars game on facebook endlessly, summer shoes, reading and more peeps!


♥ Buying the first pair of shoes for the warmer months 
♥ Sushi
♥ Getting back into reading and ordering The Hunger Games from the library
♥ Finding goodies in the dollar store
♥ Eating tonnes of mac n cheese after releasing I do actually like it after thinking for years I didn't
♥ Sorting old photographs with the boy
♥ Our kitties
♥ Winning compact lots on eBay
♥ Going outside without a coat
♥ Dortios Tacos - the new thing at Taco Bell
♥ Waking up with my soul mate every day
♥ Driving along finding a sign for an estate sale and proceeding to have a thorough rummage
♥ Endlessly playing the Pawn Stars game on Facebook
♥ Thinking about our mini road trip to Ohio to go to Cedar Point
♥ Lighter nights
 
As she sums up everything so perfectly, I'll leave you with Audrey's quote;

On the set of Funny Face. Source

"I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” 

What's making you smile lately?

Tomorrow I'm launching the first post in my bloggers who collect series [still chance to get involved if your interested] which I'm really looking forward to releasing into the blogger world, just get in touch for more details.

33 comments:

  1. Great post missy! Also can't wait to see that new post! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote! It's great to read positive posts like this, sometimes it's the little things that make us smile and can help us feel much happier if we're having a bad day. The Mac and cheese looks so good :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, can't go wrong with mac n cheese if you want something easy and tasty!

      Delete
  3. LOVE Peeps too! Looking forward to Positivity Week..emailing you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a positive quote definitely something worth remembering when you're having a bad day! I'll be saving that one :) Love the nail polish - it's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a dollar the varnish is amazing - lasts so long too!

      Delete
  5. This made me smile! So many things to be happy about. I want to go to an estate sale so badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first one i've ever been too and man they look like they could get addictive!

      Delete
  6. Oh sweet "Happy girls are the prettiest girls"
    I love this!!!!
    Yay I am so looking forward to the "collectors".
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! I'm like a child at Christmas, really looking forward to releasing the series into the big wide blogging world!

      Delete
  7. Ah now you have to do my mac and cheese muffin recipe!! Mmm so yum.

    I just finished the last of the hunger games books yesterday and I'm jealous you have them still to experience!! Enjoy them, it's a fab read xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just have to try that recipe!

      I'm really looking forward to starting the book, I've totally got it just for the sheer hype all over the blog world! Trying to finish off the shrug I'm crocheting first because I have a feeling I won't want to put it down once I've started reading it.

      Delete
  8. Hi! I found your blog thru Life of a sweetaholic...looking forward to having a proper read! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i haven't tried the taco loco yet, but now i have a craving for a burrito :p xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! I was greedy and got the box!

      Delete
  10. I love that quote. :) I must learn to laugh more often ;)
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more, nothing makes a person instantly more attractive than a smile :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plenty to think about in this post! A smile can be infectious and costs nothing!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely to hear you sounding so positive and I'm insanely jealous over your estate sales. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could certainly picture you having a good rummage in one Vix!

      Delete
  14. love Audrey Hepburn! Blog positivity sounds good lucky I haven't experienced any negativity so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah luckily I haven't either just seem too many good bloggers facing it sadly.

      Delete
  15. those shoes are soooooooooo cute. And yay for warmer weather - surely that makes everything slightly more positive anyway! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so comfy to walk in but they keep rubbing, gr at getting new shoes - have to bandage my ankles and little toes up till I break them in!

      Delete
  16. yumm mac and cheese... one of my fav things to eat haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Getting to see my boyfriend soon is making me smile!

    ReplyDelete