Friday 19 August 2011

MICHIGAN: Frankenmuth

Right, a light hearted post after the stress and the worry of the forthcoming London trip ...

One of the freedoms over Joe's job as a social worker compared to mine [stuck in a basement dispensing] is that he gets to travel around the outer suburbs and into Michigan to see all his people. They get to go on outings to like bowling or the cinema and even bigger day trips out. Jealous? Much! I love seeing pictures of Joe's world and things and places he gets up too and he's far better at me when it comes to landscape photographs; plus I'm somewhat jealous of his megapixal count!

These pictures where taken a couple of weeks ago at a small town called Frankenmuth, a town nicknamed Little Bavaria due to its original Lutheran settlers and the draw of Bavarian themed businesses and festivals - but I guess with an American twist and take on all things European. It's also home to what is declared as the worlds largest Christmas store. I think it'll be definitely worth a drive out too see. 

Anyone else know of any random hidden Michigan haunts to uncover once I move? It's not the most popular of tourist of USA states but we have to live somewhere!

12 comments:

  1. It really does look like Austria there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing little place! Thanks for sharing. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like Bavaria! How pretty! I love the name, too.
    Have a fabulous weekend, my dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally cute isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty photos :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i visit your page on the daily so i can get my daily dose of europe life!! eek!! i can't wait. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Lisa I do the same with yours. Trying to get all my American insights!! I think its so funny we're both swapping continents with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to your blog, and those images are so pretty!! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures I love the buildings in the last one :D
    Xoxo
    Sarah
    Come join my wonderful Shabby Apple giveaway :D

    http://sandoproductions.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-shabby-apple.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone, it's totally dreamlike and cute isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I am from Michigan! It is only a little more than an hour from where I live to Frankenmuth. In the winter they have an ice festival and the most amazing sculptures people carve out of ice. They also have heated sidewalks so they never have to shovel the snow. It is absolutely gorgeous in the winter!
    Anyway, There are many amazing spots in Michigan. Which part are you moving to?
    I haven't posted anything on my blog for quite some time but would love to hear from you.
    Good luck with your visa!

    ReplyDelete