Sunday 8 May 2011

"In memory's telephoto lens, far objects are magnified"

I was just about to head back to work from having yet another lunch in the museum gardens on friday. The sun was lovely and shiny after having a bit of a downpour on the way to work and I was just wandering back seeing the sites and I saw this couple. I just loved how they seemed to be framed within the historic remains of St Marys masonry yet to lost in each other regardless of all the people walking past them, the children playing to their right. They were so lost in each other and their photographs. Talking between them pointing out things on the images, recapturing and talking about moments, moments and memories that were luckily captured on films. Such instances remind me of the beauty of photography, its more then just capturing an image, a scene, a person or a landscape. There's reasons behind it all, the whys the where's the when's.

Me and Joe are photo fanatics, sometimes I think we take too many pictures, sometimes too few. But the ones we do have I cherish because they bring back the feelings and the memories of the time. I can me and Joe being like the couple in the photograph above, still road tripping in our 60s and taking way to many photographs, enjoying a good rest.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely thing to take a photo of. They really do blend well with the area, it's almost as if they were in that exact spot in the past. Very cute!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo...this might be one of my favorites. It's so endearing.

    I hope you're having a fantastic weekend honey! Have you heard the good news about my first novel? It's available here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YTMGA0

    Enjoy your Sunday doll! Kori xoxo

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely photo! It makes me sad that most photos are digital nowadays, there's something so magical about having an actual photograph in your hands.

    ReplyDelete