Monday 14 December 2009

The only difference ...

I must have been driven past this tattooist numerous times but never noticed its signs when its closed. The little notices of words makes it something different;

"The only difference between tattooed people & non-tattooed people is ... tattooed people don't care if your not tattooed".

Sadly its true, I've been subjected to continuous "why would you" questions about my tattoos. Sometimes I like to think tattoos are more expected, but then again maybe tattooed skin is too far from the norm to be ever properly accepted by the masses. It's too challenging, too out there in your face.

Who knows.

6 comments:

  1. i like this post very much. That quote is powerful, I give them credit for posting it. I want to get a tattoo but I need to get someone I trust. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I love the way tattoos look and have wanted one - I'm just scared to death of needles. Eep!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a massive fan of tattoo of members of both sexes, especially when there is a story (and or a good dose of foresight) behind a given image that one opts to embed upon their skin.

    Tattoos can be such gorgeous and intimate works of art, and it truly is a shame that in this day and age you're still pestered about having them. Narrow mindedness through and through, as far as I'm concerned!

    Yours in the adoration of inked skin,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really thought about it but I guess it's true. I think people are always a little afraid of those who look different than they are:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. that quote is indeed so true, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sign! I hate when people ask me to explain my tattoos. They aren't for you, they're for me! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete